Past simple Tense
Definition: It is used to talk about an action started in the past and finished in the past at a specific time in the past.
Subject + 2nd form of the verb + object
She cooked food at night. They played football yesterday.
We went to bazar. I cleaned the white board.
Subject + auxiliary verb(did not)1st verb + object
She did not cook food yesterday. They did not play football yesterday.
We did not go to bazar. I did not clean the white board.
Auxiliary verb(did) + Subject + 1st verb + object?
Did she cook food yesterday? Did they play football yesterday?
Did we go to bazar? Did I clean the white board?
- They _____the cloths. (wash, washed)
- He ______________ exam last month. (finished, finish)
- You ______________food for him yesterday. (cooking, cooked)
- _______she knock the door yesterday? (do, did)
- The students _______ learn English. ( don’t , did not)
- I ______ to market at the morning. (was, were, went)
- _____she cook food last night. (was, were, did)
- Ali and Ahmad _______ with each other. (played, playing )